- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Davis & Company is a client of ShiftHR
Remote position offering tremendous professional growth including future ownership
*Why Davis & Company? *
- We’re growing and need a motivated self-starter to be a key addition to our team!
- We offer long term job security!
- We provide excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement!
- If you’re seeking future ownership, we’ll develop a plan to set you on that path!
- We value our employees – we offer an ideal work/life balance including flexible schedules and remote work.
Since 2010, Davis & Company, a highly regarded, boutique public accounting firm, located in Mount Pleasant, SC, has provided audits, reviews and compilations for local nonprofits, homeowner associations and employee benefit plans throughout the greater Charleston area. Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a motivated team player with 5+ years of recent audit experience to be involved in all aspects of audit engagements.
What our people say and value about working at Davis & Company
- I work here because I love the growth through encouragement and reinforcing my own confidence in my skill. There is a huge amount of trust that is given from the start which supports the integrity of firm in turn all employees. The firm stands by its word when it comes to hour requirements and busy season. Having none is nothing like I’ve seen before and proves by caring for us (the employees) we can still turn around quality work meeting any and all client expectations while allowing for manageable and acceptable hours for the employees and their respective families.
- I value the work because, I can get the job done in a way that fits my life, while still maintaining a rigorous and mentally stimulating workload. The ability to work remotely and avoid commuting in traffic each day is highly valuable.
- I value the people. Though we are remote I still feel connected to everyone, and this is something that is done so well here, a lot of firms should be taking notes. The acknowledgement that I am a person and life happen it so appreciated.
- Lead audit and attestation engagements for employee benefit plans, homeowner associations and non-profit organizations from planning through completion
- Prepare financial statements, compilations, and reviews with guidance from senior management
- Effectively communicate status of projects regularly and work to resolve complex technical issues with the Senior Audit Manager and Firm President
- Identify and implement ways to improve audit efficiencies
- Perform accounting/GAAP/compliance research
- Assist with team development and training
- Develop and cultivate professional relationships with clients and team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Master’s degree a plus)
- Active CPA or CPA eligible
- 5+ years of recent audit experience progressing in scope and responsibility
- An understanding of audit methodology and objectives with the ability to continuously build your technical knowledge and remain abreast of accounting and auditing standards
- Great time management skills, including the ability to juggle priorities, exercise independent thinking, improve audit efficiencies and lead engagements in a remote environment
- Prior audit experience with focus on employee benefit plans and non-profits is a plus
- Ability to travel within South Carolina to enjoy firm gatherings and for client visits occasionally throughout the year.
What’s important to us?
- Our core values are accountability, integrity and fun which is driven by our passion for our profession and delivering timely services to our clients.
- Providing our staff with high level training and opportunity to work closely with clients and staff.
- Teamwork – we enjoy working together.
We provide a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, discretionary bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and 401(k) plan. In addition, we offer significant professional growth opportunity, an ideal work/life balance including flexible schedules, remote work and generous PTO, firm outings, community involvement and a friendly, relaxed, family-oriented and collaborative work environment.
If you are seeking to make a change and join a highly regarded firm that does not mandate weekend hours and has no tax season, please submit your resume
Location : US Locations Only