- USA Only
Zume’s Assistant Controller will support the Controller by owning the day-to- day global accounting function while providing technical accounting and financial reporting expertise to support us in our growth stage. This is a highly visible role in which you will be working cross-functionally with business partners to ensure they are provided with high quality accounting guidance to drive the business forward. You will partner with finance and accounting team members on the planning and implementation of accounting policies and related processes and supporting systems.
You have a deep accounting and financial reporting background, excellent analytical, collaboration, and communication skills, and will be a sound business partner able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high throughput environment.
- Manage GL, inventory, and fixed asset accounting functions.
- Prepare all internal and external financial reporting to ensure U.S. GAAP and SEC compliance.
- Provide technical leadership in analysis, resolution and documentation of significant accounting issues, estimates, and complex financial statement disclosures.
- Lead the implementation of new/updated U.S. GAAP accounting standards, including working with impacted cross-functional stakeholders.
- Prepare accounting documentation supporting complex and/or non-standard transactions.
- Ensure compliance with all other regulatory requirements (including but not limited to U.S. and international taxes, sales/VAT/GST).
- Establish, document, and educate finance and non-finance team members on company accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Review and consult on contractual arrangements with business partners (including, but not limited to Operations, Legal, Tax) to ensure appropriate preferential accounting.
- Serve as the primary liaison with external and internal auditors, external accounting advisors, etc. in the areas involving our conclusions on complex accounting topics and adoption of new accounting standards.
- The minimum education required: BA/BS degree in accounting, active licensed CPA.
- Minimum experience required: Seven years of progressive accounting and reporting experience, with four years public accounting; Big Four/National firm, SEC company audit and reporting and public company readiness initiatives experience all highly preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ZUME PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESto all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.