- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We’re here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we’re creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
We are a distributed team built on top talent from over 10 states across the U.S. While we have an office in NYC, we support employees creating offices wherever they are. We believe in fostering team connection and collaboration across all of our offices – so don’t expect to be online at 6 am to make a meeting if you’re on the West coast. Expect to attend regular team building events, and to be able to work from the beach every once in a while. Expect to be treated like an owner who cares about our common goal, not someone who has to clock in and out of work.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Analyst, Personalization to be a part of our growing Food Analytics & Optimization team. You’ll be responsible for supporting our personalization algorithms (Box Fill Logic & Swapfill) to directly understand the impact of the changes we make via simulations and experimentation. These changes directly impact the food we recommend and send to our customers!
This role will join Hungryroot’s Food Analytics & Optimization team and you’ll report directly to our Senior Analyst, Personalization & Food Experience. In this critical role, you will work with our team to complete ad hoc and routine analyses, uncovering opportunities, informing prioritization of work and monitoring experiments and initiatives to tackle the core challenges at the company that will be crucial to the success of Hungryroot. If you want to help us change how people grocery shop and eat for the better, we’d love for you to apply!
- Develop a detailed understanding of our personalization and swaps algorithm in order to help with simulations (internal testing) & experimentation
- Helping with full validation (via simulations and experiments) for changes made to our personalization algorithm
- Building out metrics/reporting (using SQL)
- Develop a detailed understanding of our database, to understand inputs (customer preferences, skus, recipes) and outputs (box contents) of our algorithm, and easily pull and validate data. Validate changes that impact input/output data
- Understand personalization metrics to monitor performance, creating standardized reporting (in SQL and/or BI tools) and ad-hoc analyses
- Use data to uncover and size opportunities related to personalization and food experience
- 2-3 Years regularly in a DB performing analysis
- 2+ Years of Hands-On SQL Experience
- Experience working cross-functionally with Software Developers or Data Engineers
- Experience at a fast paced startup
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with personalization and/or algorithms is a plus!
Perks & Benefits
- Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere, you decide!
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
The employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected class