Accounts Receivable Specialist
- 23 applicants (66%)
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Remote-US and Canada
IZEA (NASDAQ: IZEA) provides leading Fortune 500 brands with SaaS technology and professional services to develop highly scalable Influencer Marketing and bespoke Content Marketing initiatives. A Russell 1000 component, IZEA has been recognized and awarded repeatedly for its campaign work, technological innovation, most importantly, as a ‘top place to work’ and ‘best work-life balance’ as rated by its team members.
The company serves as a champion for the growing Creator Economy, enabling individuals to monetize their content, creativity, and influence. IZEA launched the industry’s first-ever influencer marketing platform in 2006 and has since facilitated nearly 4 million transactions between online buyers and sellers.
IZEA is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to our company.
Headquartered in Central Florida, we provide a modern, remote workplace that welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints. Our team member locale concentrations currently span 95 cities and 12 countries around the world.
About the Role
As the Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for setting up and maintaining customer accounts, monitoring accounts, and proactively following up with customers on outstanding receivables. Additional responsibilities include: communicating with customers to manage the process of collections, working to minimize past due balances, resolution of customer billing issues, and providing reporting to the finance team.
IZEA’s workforce is currently 100% remote and the ideal candidate thrives with the freedom and flexibility this structure provides.
- Generate invoices per contract billing schedule and/or requests from internal team or customer
- Ensure invoices are issued in accordance with contract terms
- Maintain customer accounts, including details of customer-specific invoicing requirements
- Perform credit checks for new and existing customers in accordance with company processes
- Work with customers to facilitate new vendor setup and maintenance
- Monitor AR aging and perform timely collection outreach to customers
- Respond to customer inquiries related to billing and payments, research and resolve any discrepancies
- Prepare routine reports, respond to ad hoc report requests, and compile data for management review
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation to support financial reporting and controls, including SOX compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the finance team
What we’re looking for…
- 5+ years of related work experience performing billing and receivables processes or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledgeable of general accounting principles
- Knowledgeable of accounts receivable cycle from order to cash, including laws and policies related to debt collection
- Perform intermediate Excel functions with the ability to create, edit, and present financial data and ad hoc reporting
- Understand financial controls and perform tasks while achieving a high-level of accuracy
- Experience communicating remotely with colleagues and customers through email, messaging apps, and virtual meetings
- Ability to work well individually and collaboratively in a fast-paced fully-remote environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software
Experience working with the following will be highly valued:
- Associates degree in finance or business, or equivalent experience
- Experience with macOS and for Mac Microsoft Office software applications
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with various AP portals (ApexPortal, Ariba, Bill.com, Coupa, Taulia, Tungsten, etc.)
- Experience in the Marketing Technology and/or Influencer Marketing industries
- Experience using Sage Intacct with Contracts module