Accounts Payable Specialist
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (7%)
Title:Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: United States
Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move- in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded $10.7billion dollars worth of loans across about 46,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation’s largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 500 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans Funded: $10.7+ billion in loans funded
- Homes financed: 46,000+ projects funded for our customers across the country. 95% of projects have successful exits
- Geography: 29 states + D.C. where we lend to real estate investors so they can revitalize neighborhoods
- Employees: Over 500 employees
This position can be based remotely in any of our approved hiring regions. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them. For those who prefer to work in- office, we have locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates to drive creativity and innovation.
The Accounting team ensures all money movements can be accounted for and ensures Kiavi can generate valuable insights from financial reports. We partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with internal control, accounting policies and procedures.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of the Accounts Payable Accountant involves providing financial, accounting, and administrative support to the organization. The Accounts Payable Accountant is to complete payments and control expenses by processing payments, including appropriately coding, data entry, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries, coding and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintain historical records, all accounts payable documentation and files
- Ensure that we have valid, accurate and completed W-9s and W-8s for every vendor prior to onboarding
- Help manage the procurement process by answering questions from managers trying to onboard a new vendor. Make sure the vendor is reviewed and approved through the procurement process before we process an invoice and we will match the invoice to the PO.
- Reimburse employees by verifying expense reports with supporting receipts, management approvals and T&E policy compliance
- Pay vendors and ensure payment is received prior to the due date; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding payments
- Prepare analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports for different departments in the company
- Continue to improve the payment process by making sure we manage our capital efficiently
- Support the Accounting team for month-end close and financial reporting, including accruals and expense management
- Reconcile and record AP credit card activity
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree. Finance/Math/Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of a finance, accounting, economics or other applied math field preferred
- Understanding of GAAP and industry regulations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Positive attitude and great team player
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines throughout the day
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Experience in the mortgage industry is a plus
- Experience with Workday system is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership : All employees think like an owner because all employees own equity in the company and play a critical role in making our business great.
- Health Insurance : Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness : Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Carrot: The leading global fertility benefits provider, built to support employees through their lifelong fertility healthcare journey.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our no fee 401(k) receive an immediately-vested employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth : We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off : With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves : You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First : We win together while still being fully remote , and each employee receives a stipend for their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.