Accounts Payable Manager
- USA Only
- 44 applicants
Title:Accounts Payable Manager – Remote
Location: United States
SoundHound AI believes every person should be able to interact naturally with the products around them by simply talking. With a global reach spanning two dozen languages, we build Voice AI products with conversational intelligence for cars, restaurant ordering, and more, allowing our customers to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways.
The Accounts Payable Manager is to be an integral member of operational accounting and will lead corporate accounts payables and related period-close activities.
At SoundHound, our exceptionally talented employees are our greatest resource. Our goal is to provide a workplace environment that allows them to do their best, innovative work, one that creates a remarkable employee experience from first impression onward.
We’re at an inflection point in our 17-year history. With teams, customers, and end users all over the world, we face an unprecedented and ambitious challenge: scaling an independent Voice AI globally. The Accounts Payable Manager is crucial to our success in this mission by ensuring SoundHound builds and maintains the needed stable, accurate A/P and A/P aging processes to scale and expand our global reach.
The work location for this role is available throughout the United States. The worksite options for this role include virtual and, if you live near our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA, hybrid and in-office. The salary range for this position is $106,000 to $145,000. Our recruiting team will provide a more specific salary range based on work location and years of experience. In addition to salary, you will receive equity (RSUs), comprehensive health care, paid time off, and other benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Build, maintain, and own SoundHound AI’s A/P function
- Manage payable approvals, transactions, and aging
- Analyze expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment per the Travel and Expense Policy
- Collaborate with FP&A and other cross-functional departments to ensure proper departmental payable coding
- Review and validate requests for vendor master creation/changes before submission
- Ensure proper documentation has been collected from all vendors to prepare and submit 1099s
- Maintain all accounts payable reports and files
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships and communications
- Complete and maintain periodic vendor account reconciliations
- Support Treasury as needed for vendor payment validations
- Support the proper recording of fixed assets processed through accounts payable
- Coordinate with accounting on monthly AP accrual journal entries to be entered into ERP system
- Ensure general ledger AP accounts are reconciled, trends investigated, explained, and appropriate action taken
- Assist Controller with closing processes, audit requests, etc.
- Produce monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
- Support scaling our processes through automation by working on system implementations and enhancements
- Contribute to the implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Perform other ad hoc activities when needed
We would love to hear from you if:
- You completed a Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Finance preferred)
- You have 5+ years’ of applicable experience
- You are obsessively detail-oriented and leave nothing to chance
- You are comfortable working with teams before the establishment of mature processes
- You have a driven desire to identify and help improve accounting processes, controls, and products
- You are highly proficient in Excel
- You are an experienced user of NetSuite
- You have strong analytical, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound ensures that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other employment benefits.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!