Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
REMOTE OR VANCOUVER, BC
AXIOM ZEN – BUSINESS OPERATIONS
We’re looking for an energetic Accounts Payable Clerk to support our dynamic accounting and financial reporting functions across the Axiom Zen portfolio. You will work directly with the finance team to support the month- end closing process, while constantly seeking opportunities to refine the sophistication of our financial reporting capabilities and accelerating our timelines to deliver.
A little about us:
Axiom Zen is a startup that builds startups. Founded in 2012, we have built dozens of products and four standalone companies, serving hundreds of millions of consumers. Our companies include Dapper Labs (the makers of CryptoKitties, the world’s most popular blockchain game), ZenHub (improving developer productivity in startups and Fortune 500), and Routific (leading route optimization platform). Axiom Zen was named first among Canada’s Most Innovative Companies in 2016. Born on February 28, 2018, Dapper Labs is the home of CryptoKitties. The group was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of blockchain technology through entertainment and play. Dapper Labs has an internal game studio as well as social platform and infrastructure teams that are building different products for the blockchain space. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, and Zynga, among others.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Receive and match invoices to purchase orders / agreements and input invoices accurately into accounting system
- Communicate with functional teams, gathering information for accurate cost coding to facilitate internal and external reporting needs
- Track invoice aging to ensure effective coordination with pay cycles
- Assist in the development of processes and controls to ensure efficiency of the AP function
- Reconcile corporate credit card transactions on a daily basis
- Support the Finance team with period close procedures as required
- Assist with external audit requirements
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
A little about you:
- Completion of Accounting or Business Administration degree
- You have relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in companies with high-volume (multi-million) transactions and / or tech and startup environments.
- Experience with Xero and / or Netsuite would be an asset.
- You have demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- You are excited about emerging technology like blockchain / cryptocurrency, SaaS, mobile apps, AI, and machine learning.
- You have solid proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Excel), and Google Suite.
- You are flexible and willing to go that extra mile to gain more knowledge and experience.
More about Axiom Zen:
Axioms are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
At Axiom Zen we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Our people are what makes our team special – because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
Flexible vacation & work policy – as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. We offer minimum 15 days off per year with no hard limit for our high impact individuals. As a remote-first company, live and work from where it suits you best.
Diverse opportunities for learning and development – we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
Fitness reimbursements – stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
Top-Line equipment – in addition to receiving a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
Flexible parental leave policies – We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
When safe to return to our office, those in Vancouver who choose to do so can fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog- friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!