Accounts Payable Associate
Accounts Payable Associate
- New York, New York, United States
- Legal & Finance
- Full time
Jellysmack is the global creator company that detects and develops the world’s most talented video creators on social media. We’re an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
The Team Culture
The Finance team is the backbone of Jellysmack. We keep everything running smoothly through effective accounting, payroll, and financial controlling. No one here is a stereotypical boring accountant: we’re fun, outgoing, and laid back. Do you have what it takes to be part of the team?
Jellysmack is seeking a highly motivated and organized Accounts Payable Associate to join our growing team.
- Collect all necessary vendor onboarding documents and set up new vendors in the AP platform
- Review and validate invoices prior to processing
- Assist with processing of employee T&E reimbursements
- Draft and communicate AP policies and procedures to the company
- Establish and maintain controls to prevent or detect fraud
- Collaborate with business process owners to ensure timely receipt of invoices and/or establish accruals as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Monitor the integration queue between AP platform and GL and investigate and resolve issues
- Assist with preparation of 1099s
- Support GL team with month-end close and audit processes as needed
- Work closely with cross-functional departments and international operations as needed
- Maintain AP aging schedule
A Little About You
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or a related quantitative field
- You have minimum 1-2 years of experience in Accounting, Accounts Payable, or related function
- You have strong collaboration skills and an impeccable eye for detail
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills – email etiquette and professionalism are essential
- You are self-motivated, agile, and able to work in a flexible remote environment.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere.This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and /or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
To make sure you get the best working environment; you will get a $300 / EUR 250 allowance to get set up!
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Jellysmack’s story started in 2016, and since then, our unrivaled platform optimizes and distributes video content across social media platforms and allows creators to reach genuine new fans with zero effort. We are the only company building the hyper-engaged communities that every creator dreams of because, first and foremost, we are creators too.
Creatives ourselves, we’re home to over 250 influential creators, including Derek Deso, Karina Garcia, Brad Mondo, MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Patrick Starrr, and PewDiePie. Jellysmack optimizes, operates, and distributes creator-made video content to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube. The company’s creator strategy builds upon its success in scaling its own original content channels in beauty (Beauty Studio), soccer (Oh My Goal), gaming (Gamology), and more.
Through the power of our data, we maximize reach and revenue so our creators stay focused on their passion—creating the best content for their global fan bases. We turn that passion into a brand and that brand into an empire.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!