Accounting Number Wizard
- 30 applicants
Accounting Number Wizard
Are you a Number Wizard who would love to use your razor-sharp analytical and Accounting/Finance skills to help bring affordable education to millions of people? Great! Then, read on!
We’re looking for an Accounting Number Wizard to support our Head of Finance with bookkeeping, streamlining our work processes, optimizing our systems, and helping out with ad-hoc finance-related tasks.
We’re already the biggest online design school globally, but we just can’t help growing even more. In fact, this position covers 4 companies spanning 10 currencies and tens of thousands of invoices each quarter. So, we need someone who knows what perfection looks like and who can bring an eye for minute detail and number-crunching acumen to bear on those ultra-vital figures. That’s your challenge!
The Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally. Founded in 2002, we have over 150,000 graduates and counting. We’re market leaders in online design education because the world’s leading experts create our content and because we’re specialized in design. What’s more, with over 1.5 million monthly visitors, we’re at the forefront of providing premier design education to large international organizations, as well as thousands of other members. Our ever-growing community now needs a first-class accounts and numbers guru to support its needs behind the scenes with a unique skillset and passion for organization, efficiency and results.
This is a paid full-time position which is location independent. You’re free to work from wherever you want in the world. Your work colleagues are based all over the world so you will have video-based meetings with your colleagues and use Slack as our virtual office. You will get to meet colleagues on annual team trips to exciting destinations and regular team based trips to Dubai. Previous destinations include: Denmark, Egypt, Germany and Hungary.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for Accounting Operations including the accounts for our 4 international companiesbased in the USA, Europe and UAE. We meticulously export and name all files to make your job as smooth as possible. We love efficiency.
- We have our own accounting workflow. We’ve fine-tuned and optimized it over the years, and it’s your responsibility to continue that refinement.
- Work primarily in QuickBooks and MS Excel , in which you’re an expert.
- Use our document-sharing platform to organize invoices.
- Prepare financial reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Be comfortable with working with 10+ currencies and lots of inter-account transfers and currencyconversions.
- Liaise closely with staff as needed to support flawless delivery for every financial quarter.
- Perform payments and review incoming payments to bank accounts
- Assist the team with (Know your customer) and compliance across various countries
- Assist the Head of Finance in monthly forecasting , annual budgeting process and ad hoc business needs.
- Provide assistance to external Accountants for VAT/Tax related items and regulations
- Continuous improvement in workflows and documentation of processes
- You’re a true wizard when it comes to Microsoft Excel. In fact, you could even do Excel in your sleep (but not while working on this ).
- You’re an expert in QuickBooks.
- Be a self-starter and be able to work independently as we don’t have an office and work online this is an essential key to success
- You get twitches when a workflow is not optimized or as simple as possible. Yes, you’re a stickler for efficiency and perfection and are mighty proud of it.
- You have 4+ years working as a bookkeeper or in an accounting role.
- You have a degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- You’re comfortable preparing all the books. So, while we’re a large, growing organization, it’s still very much a close-knit team and we thrive on communication.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness are second nature to you.
- Confidentiality is your watchword.
- You can analyze information that can involve some complexity (though we pride ourselves on our highly comprehensive system and keep things as straightforward as possible).
- You can liaise and work through any difficulties with our staff to meet the deadlines.
What can we offer?
- A full-time position within a remote-first organization.
- Work with a highly scalable business model where we’ve consistently created more than 50% growth year-on-year since 2013. Bootstrapped with zero investment capital but built purely on passion and consistency over time.
- Work in a company culture where idealism meets high performance and excellence. You’ll need to be a practical idealist. As well-intentioned as they are, impractical idealists are counter-productive, whereas practical idealists make the world a better place.
- Daily video-based contact with your colleagues from elsewhere on the planet, and you’ll get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times per year.
- Work with people who have a hands-on attitude and a bias towards action as opposed to over-planning.
- Work in a highly agile organization with zero bureaucracy or corporate politics – but with a high level of orderliness and efficiency.
- Have the chance to feel the impact of helping an ever-growing design education brand boost its outreach to empower and enrich the lives of many, many more people , and an opportunity to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers around the world.
- A team of true professionals with solid tools and procedures to help you.
- The opportunity to do the best work of your life —if you’re willing to invest what’s required.
- A culture of learning and excellence —coupled with care and respect.