- USA Only
United States (Remote)
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Accounting Manager Role
The Accounting team is currently seeking an Accounting Manager. This position will report to the Senior Director and Corporate Controller.
As Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, month and year-end close, and balance sheet account reconciliations. This position requires working with various cross-functional departments to complete daily accounting activities. You will participate in early stage SOX compliance and documentation and lead our annual external audits. We are seeking a candidate with excellent problem-solving skills, good communication skills and who enjoys working in a challenging, growing and fastpaced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the monthly close process
- Manage and administer accounting system (Intacct)
- Lead the evaluation of new accounting systems and the resultant implementations
- Manage report writing and other system administration duties
- Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations for various Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
- Own the consolidation process including intercompany entries and managing additional entities
- Prepare monthly internal and external financial statements
- Assist in technical financial reporting research
- Manage the Accounts Payable function
- Assist or prepare schedules to support management reporting and to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners and FP&A by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Assist with documentation and information required for year-end audit
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
- Play an active role in systems enhancements and upgrades. You will be tasked with being the power user for our accounting system and developing new financial reports
- Assist Corporate Controller with income and other tax compliance
- Manage two direct reports
- Deliver on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary
What You Will Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of experience which includes working at a venture backed SaaS growth company
- Strong core accounting and financial reporting skills
- Payroll administration experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Process and internal control orientation
- Positive, energetic and optimistic attitude, with a willingness to proactively roll up your sleeves
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Intacct and Zuora a plus
- Experience with ADP a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Audit firm experience a plus
What makes OpenGov unique
Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times’ 40 under 40 class of 2018!
Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award, Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We’re powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.