Accounting Associate - Accounts Receivable
- USA Only
- 3 applicants
Accounting Associate- A/R- Remote
United States Virtual Req #12359
OEC provides software solutions to those who work in the automotive parts and repair industry. Our solutions make it easier for automotive industry professionals to buy and sell parts, conduct repair research & planning, optimize estimates, improve the parts supply chain, and more. OEC partners with many of the world’s largest manufacturers, dealers and suppliers, shops and repairers, and service providers, giving our customers access to a comprehensive network and a streamlined workflow.
Performs a wide range of general accounting, bookkeeping, and clerical duties to support senior staff and management in reaching monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting deadlines. Administers finance-related programs on a daily basis including, but not limited, to accounts payable and expense reports.
Key Responsibilities & Duties (essential to the job)
- Performs general accounts receivable functions to include preparing and submitting customer invoices, coding, and posting payments, preparing and coordinating deposit activities, reconciling related bank and other accounts.
- Performs day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables data.
- Generates invoices and account statements.
- Gathers and organizes billing templates, quotations, Statements of Work (SOWs) and Purchase Orders (POs).
- Verifies discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Works with the collections department to review accounts, client payments, credit history, and develops new or better repayment terms.
- Updates client accounts, maintaining other accounts receivable files and records.
- Generates financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Prepares analytical and ratio analyses relevant to A/R so management can gain a better understanding of how collection efforts are progressing.
- Strengthens and grows relationships with clients.
- Assists in streamlining the accounts receivable process by identifying areas for performance improvement.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of all procedures, policies and standard operating procedures.
- Provides clerical support to the department and assists with special projects and tasks as requested.
- Acts as backup for other department team members during vacations and other absences.
An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, with a focus in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline. In the absence of a degree, equivalent work experience directly related to the key responsibilities of the role will be considered as a substitute for the degree.
Experience, Skills and Key Competencies
A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Accounting Receivables, including prior exposure to a wide range of general accounting, bookkeeping, and clerical duties to support senior staff and management in reaching monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting deadlines. Must also be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Strong MS Excel experience
- Strong Collections experience
- Previous ERP experience
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a proactive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Comfortable working in a remote setting and collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships within the team and across various external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
What makes working at OEC awesome? It varies from employee to employee. For some, it’s the flexibility – whether it’s remote work or a hybrid or in-person role, OEC takes our teams across multiple time zones and international communities. For others, it’s the strong sense of camaraderie and community that celebrates both individuals and team-driven contributions. Or it could be the empowerment and how the team is encouraged to take risks, learn, and grow within a dynamic and supportive environment. But no matter what gets us out of bed in the morning, our whole global community is inspired to be forward thinking and drive innovative solutions for the automotive parts and repair industry.
OEConnection is subject to certain governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations. In order to comply with these laws, we invite applicants and employees to voluntarily self-identify their gender, race and ethnicity. Submission of this information is strictly voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment. The information obtained will be kept confidential and may only be used in accordance with the provision of applicable laws, executive orders, and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement. When reported, data will not identify any specific individual. This information will be maintained separately from your application for employment. If you do not wish to self-identify at this time, you may do so in the future by submitting this form. Failure to provide the following information will not subject you to any adverse action or treatment. OEConnection is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
Job Family Accounting
Pay Type Hourly