Accounting Assistant AP
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Accounting Assistant AP
job requisition id
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
The Account Assistant will provide administrative, clerical and accounting services to contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the Corporate Accounting Department. You will coordinate timely quarterly and annual managerial reports and regulatory filings, administer record retention requirements to meet various regulatory guidelines, and perform accounting support functions as needed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple deadlines and priorities to provide administrative, and accounting services for multiple department personnel.
- Prepare, distribute, and file records and other reports as directed.
- Prepare journal entries and provide backup support for journal processing and procurement systems and in other areas as directed.
- Coordinate and interact through Microsoft Outlook, Workday , and other software programs with a broad range of internal and external customers to answer or direct questions to appropriate parties to facilitate customer needs.
- Maintain effective record systems, including contributions to the Department’s central file, correspondence with all parties outside of the Company, bank reconciliations files, and master reconciliation files.
- Assess need for movement to QRGs and maintaining task documents for specific area.
Required Qualifications of the Accounting Assistant:
- 2+ years of administrative experience, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Associate degree with additional college coursework or Bachelor’s degree.
- Accounting coursework desired.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to analyze processes and tasks, express ideas clearly and accurately in written and oral communications.
Preferred Qualifications of the Accounting Assistant:
- Experience with ERP systems; Workday strongly desired.
Please note – the salary range for this role is listed below. In addition to salary, our package includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits, as well as an initial PTO accrual of 164 hours per year. Employees also receive 11 paid holidays and 2 wellness days per year.
- Eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
18.75 – 26.20
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.