Accountant, Bookkeeper - Full-Cycle
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Accountant / Bookkeeper (Full-Cycle) – Work From Home, Fully Remote (US Only)
Denver, Colorado, United States
Who We Are:
Accountingprose operates by the Conscious Capitalist credo and, in short, we are everything that the Big 4 is not.
- We treat our team with respect, kindness, and fairness- never making our people suffer through 60-hour work weeks, tied to the desk and away from their friends and family.
- We enthusiastically encourage our employees to deepen their skills and interests outside of work and offer opportunities for advancement and growth.
- We recognize and celebrate that our employees aren’t just accounting robots- they are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, and most importantly humans.
- We operate with an abundance mindset and recognize that success is not zero-sum.
- We see happiness as a KPI. We value people over profits and do what’s right, no matter what. (It helps us sleep better at night).
When operating by these principles, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. Our employees have the skills that will afford them a spot at any table- but they choose a front-row seat at ours.
Are you looking for an accounting firm that rejects the status quo and is advancing in the industry by not only embracing technology but actively developing it? Do you want to be rewarded for your efforts to work smarter, rather than being forced to do your work in the same regimented way, each and every day? If so, we may just be the fit for you.
At Accountingprose, we don’t just look for accountants, we scour the country in search of curious, passionate, and innovative change-makers who have their finger on the pulse of the industry.
What You Will Do:
At Accountingprose you won’t just manage the day-to-day work for our awesome clients but will have the opportunity to re-envision how accounting services are offered and decide what the next iteration of our industry will look like. After all, our impact isn’t made by mindlessly keying data into spreadsheets or accounting software but it is in asking deeper questions, creating stronger bonds with our clients, and uncovering not just what is happening in our clients’ businesses, but why.
Your day-to-day will shift as you grow in the organization and into your role; but you can expect to work directly with clients, discover and implement software, manage and document our internal workflow and provide guidance to your Client Accounting Associate when they get stuck. The ideal candidate is able to manage a wide range of ongoing tasks, has high attention to detail, and enjoys a flexible, communicative, and supportive work environment. You must have the drive, focus, and desire for remote work, knowledge of cloud- based accounting software, and exceptional customer service skills. A passion for proactively solving problems is a must.
- Provide top-level accounting support to a portfolio of clients.
- Lead and review monthly closes and produce monthly financials.
- Review general ledger data, identify errors, and outline corrections.
- Train, mentor, and supervise junior accounting staff (Client Accounting Associates).
- Proactively anticipate clients’ needs and propose solutions to current or future challenges.
- Ensure the accuracy and timely completion of all assigned client work.
- Manage payroll processes and monitor payroll tax filings.
- Manage sales tax nexus and monitor sales tax filings.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field -or- a deep understanding of GAAP.
- 4+ years of full-cycle accounting experience with general ledger responsibility, with the ability and desire to lift your team up with your knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in advising clients or others on financial results. You are naturally curious, have a desire to share knowledge, and you meet people where they are (eg. not using complicated accounting jargon). You get stoked about hopping on a Zoom call, recording Looms, or sharing resources you scoured the internet for.
- Strong analytical skills see the big picture, how things relate and affect one another, within the clients’ books, as well as general small business practices.
- Ability to multitask but more excited about deep work. You and your Client Accounting Associate will be working with a portfolio of clients, but should be excited to work with a deep focus for long stretches of time without toggling back and forth.
- Excited by process and automation. Why do the same task, over and over again manually when the robots can do the work?
- A spreadsheet wizard, able to make sense of lots of information. Vlookups and pivot tables experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills. Nothing slips past you!
- A comfortable and dedicated workspace in your home, since you will be working remotely 100% of the time.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Get bumped to the top of the list if you have knowledge of the following software:
- Quickbooks Online
- Quickbooks Desktop
- Gusto Payroll
- Teamwork Projects/Desk
- Dext Prepare/Precision
Get bumped to the top of the list if you have experience in the following industries:
- Managed Service Providers (MSP)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers typing and/or writing.
- Frequent standing, and/or sitting.
- Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Visually identify, observe and assess.
- $60,000 base salary per year and opportunities for annual performance-based raises and referral commissions
- Unlimited paid time off (after 90 days)
- 14 company paid holidays plus additional time off at the end of the year
- Paid sick days
- Company-supplied equipment (Macbook, monitor, wireless mouse and keyboard, second screen, etc)
- 3% Simple IRA Salary Match (after 90 days)
- $400/month Health Insurance Stipend, a pre-tax benefit, via Take Command Health (after 90 days)
- Work from wherever you want- we are totally virtual (though you must be based in and authorized to work in the US)
- Awesome people to work alongside with a culture of promoting from within and opportunities for professional growth
- Flexible work hours – Any 8 hours plus lunch from 6 am to 7 pm Mountain Time (Denver). You will set your schedule when you begin working for us.
Equal Opportunity Employer Accountingprose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accountingprose’s employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.