508 Accessibility Specialist
- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced 508 compliance expert to help improve, analyze and ensure a well rounded and compliant application based on the requirements of 508 compliance for a federal facing application and product.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- 5 years experience with 508 Compliance.
- Direct experience with developing, designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to section 508 accessibility standards.
- A thorough understanding of Section 508 of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ability to apply this knowledge to create strategies for bringing the maximum functionality to ADA users.
- Preferably, the 508 compliance experience will be with both IT hardware and software.
- Experience in redesigning and developing solutions to ensure IT hardware and software compliance if an accessibility problem is detected.
- Assist with the examination process of website files for currency and for compliance.
- Remediate non-compliant Word, PowerPoint and other high-value documents.
- Create compliant document templates for application guides and other major documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with high attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex topics concisely.
- Team player who must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
- Bachelor's Degree.
This is a salaried role. Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the US
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all Oddball employees will need to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.