Senior Software Test Engineer - Medical Devices
- USA Only
Stryker is one of the worlds leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a
Senior Software Engineer
to support the testing of embedded software.
It's time to join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great Place to Work, named us among the Worlds Best Workplaces. We currently rank #5 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a great workplace for employees all over the world. Fortune also named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States. This is the eleventh consecutive year we have been on the list, and we ranked #5 out of 100!
We aspire to create a place where hard work, humility, honesty, a sense of service and humor are the talk we walk. We are a very diverse group with an amazing set of experiences from bio-tech and high-tech companies. If that doesn't pique your interest, weve got scientists, motorcycle racers, some serious sailors, biking enthusiasts, whiteboard artists, videographers, mountain climbers, parents, triathletes, dog owners, avid runners, skiers and snowboarders.
We combine laughter with intensity and focus. We have fantastic office space in the amazing Redmond-Woodinville Valley, down the street from Washington Wine Country. We pay competitively, and offer full benefits to our Team Members.
We are a market leader in emergency medical care, creating lifesaving tools for lifesaving teams. For example, our LIFEPAK brand is widely known by medical professionals in both hospital and pre-hospital emergency care settings. We design and build complex systems such as multiparameter physiological monitors, automated defibrillators, and technologies to assist with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Our internet-based system for moving emergent medical data was helping improve patient care before cloud was a computing buzz word. As a team, we thrive on helping emergency responders everywhere save lives and make healthcare better.
Who we want:
, we value relationships and we win together.
people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to
ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Detail-oriented process improvers,
Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
What you will do:
As a Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing software testing in a regulated environment and will contribute to projects under the direction of the lead software engineer or architect. You will resolve complex problems and problems where precedent may not exist.
- You will contribute ideas to early test architecture concepts
- You will develop embedded test automation framework
- You will exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization
- You will contribute to software test design decisions
- You will work independently with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- You will work closely with systems engineers and architects to define a software test strategy
- You will mentor other less experienced engineers
- You will document test software detailed design
What you need:
- Bachelors Degree in an applicable engineering discipline
- 7+ years of applicable experience
- Strong C/C++ coding experience in an embedded/RTOS environment
- Excellent verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
- Experience developing test automation
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Previous mentoring or lead experience
- Demonstrated ability to determine and meet project objectives.
- Experience with POSIX-compliant real-time operating systems
- Hands on experience with ARM processors (e.g. OMAP, i.MX) and microcontrollers (e.g. MSP430, PIC)
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to follow good software development processes
- Able to work well in an open team environment and with outsource partners.
Why Stryker? Its the people. Thats the answer youll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here.