Quality Assurance Engineer, Floor Plans
- USA Only
QA Engineer, Floor Plans
- United States
ServiceChannel is the leading cloud-based service automation platform for facilities management. We offer a single platform to source, procure, manage and pay for repair and maintenance services from commercial contractors. We are a high growth, late stage startup with fantastic product-market fit, and trusted by more than 500 global brands like Cole Haan, Bloomin’ Brands, CVS Health, Louis Vuitton, Allbirds, and Under Armour. We are committed to creating a great product for our customers and a great work environment for our employees to succeed professionally and personally, landing us on Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies List for the three years in a row.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the ServiceChannel Floor Plans team. You will drive the testing of the Floor Plans SDK (Unity), applications that utilize it on web (React) and mobile (iOS, Android), and the Floor Plans API (.NET). You will leverage your knowledge of manual & automated testing to influence better software design, promote best practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, and other advanced quality concepts.
- Build and maintain test apps to continually prove the effectiveness and quality of the Floor Plans SDK, API, and software applications that utilize them
- Create sample apps and experiences to provide end-user testing of the SDK and API
- Work closely with developers to identify potential quality issues of new release versions
- Define and document test plans, execute test cases, and track the results
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests ensuring complete coverage
- Plan QA action items and help manage QA deliverables, including the ability to self-direct day-to-day activities and multitask effectively
- Log discovered issues into issue tracking databases and communicate the issues to the team
- Help to reproduce, isolate, and troubleshoot technical issues
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of total professional Quality Engineering experience
- A strong tester’s mindset. This role will require both strong testing acumen as well as the technical know-how to then automate the work
- Thorough understanding of the SDLC and tooling (GIT, branching/merging, build systems, CI technologies like TeamCity/Jenkins)
- Exceptional ability to isolate and troubleshoot technical issues across the full technology stack by leveraging automated and manual testing methodologies
- Experience with QA automation tools and libraries
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman and ReadyAPI
- Past experience with end-to-end QA on projects from development to production
- Demonstrates initiative and follow-through on process improvements, investigations of new technologies, and proof of concept projects
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to provide technical mentorship to other team members
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Hands-on development experience with C# in a production environment, specifically with the Unity Game Engine, i.e. Projects, Source, and Editor
- Exposure to the Unity Test Framework or NUnit
- Experience with .NET testing frameworks and test automation best practices
- Experience with common test patterns for React js
Why Work for Us?
Our work environment is dynamic, collaborative, and entrepreneurial – We are firm believers in working to live and not living to work. Don’t get us wrong, we work hard and do what it takes to get the job done, but we value a healthy work/life balance and have a lot of fun along the way. Our company is filled with foodies, music lovers, travelers and sports nuts. We are looking for energetic, positive, creative problem solvers who don’t mind digging in and getting their proverbial hands dirty.
In addition to striving to create the best possible environment for our ServiceChannel team members, we also support them outside of work as well through generous medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 401k with match, a flexible time-off policy, and paid parental leave. Our greatest benefit, however, is our amazing ServiceChannel team!