At Sova, we take real pride in our technology, whilst sticking to the Sova values of Making Science Work, Different Together, Restless Spirits, Ever Upwards. We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer who shares our passion for excellence and approaches quality testing with a user-first mentality.
We are looking for a proactive, outgoing specialist with a technical education and a background in software testing. You will execute manual platform testing and advise on quality assurance practices. The role includes creating test strategies, evaluating sprints for risks, creating and executing tests, preventing regression possibilities, and identifying and investigating bugs. There is also an opportunity to define and advance Sova's approach to automated testing.
The role will include:
- Testing new features and identifying bugs in Sova's web-based platform, along with various 3rd party integrations.
- Designing and implementing manual testing plans and tools to ensure quality.
- Maintaining robust functional test approaches for new and existing features.
- Identifying, documenting, triaging, and validating bugs and bug reports.
- Testing builds on shipping days.
- Assisting in triaging client issues.
What’s the work like?
There are a number of different tasks and projects we are working on, but here’s an idea of some of the upcoming projects we have on the roadmap:
- Major re-platforming programme including implementing a brand new user interface
- Gamification projects
- Machine learning projects
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of testing experience with web applications.
- Be responsible and team-oriented, with proactive with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Have experience in testing without functional specifications.
- Strong API testing abilities.
- Have a history of reproducing complicated cases, even when others might have given up.
- Believe that any software is first and foremost made for its users.
- Think software products should be high-quality and user-friendly.
Where will I be working?
We recognise that work doesn’t just happen in an office, indeed at Sova all of our colleagues work flexibly. In practice this means you have access to office space in central London where we regularly spend time together as a team, but you’ll also be supported to work from home. Whatever you’re doing, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to be effective, connected and part of the team. (Please note that during the current national lockdown, our office is closed and everyone at Sova is working remotely).
Please note, we are only looking for UK-based applicants.