Technical Product Manager
Hi, thank you for your interest in our company. We are Upkey. A Chicago based Ed-tech with the mission to level the playing field and close the opportunity gap for students.
We believe that by using cutting-edge technology, and superior design and user experience, we can deliver powerful and life-changing learning experiences to millions of students around the world.
Even though our headquarter is in Chicago, we are mostly virtual and have an amazing team of ~ 20 in the US and around the world.
Here is a little short video on our company and the mission we are serving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiVaJMFvyE
As our company continues to grow and serves tens of thousands of students across the world, we would love to improve our product and ensure it is the BEST in class. The Product Manager position is a pivotal role in serving this mission. As an early member of a growing company, you enjoy a great deal of autonomy, creativity, and opportunity to lead and make meaningful contributions.
As Technical Product Manager at Upkey, having experience working on software projects is a must. You don't have to be a developer (awesome if you have been or are), but need to be technically savvy enough to understand and explain oftentimes to the team/investors and clients how web apps, mobile apps, and third-party services work.
Your job is to understand the product vision and be able to execute it by working with the design, development and quality assurance members. You are essentially our quarterback and need to constantly decide and execute on the direction of the work and setting priorities. Of course, as any good quarterback, the team relies on your planning and organization skills including well-detailed documentation, ticketing, and ensuring the right analytics are being used and monitored.
As Upkey’s main product owner, you are expected to
- Effectively communicate technical tasks in a non-technical manner
- Ability to take charge and solve problems
- Strong sense of user journey, how it can be optimized
- Significant care for user experience and product quality
- You are independent, result-driven and have top-notch work ethics and don’t need to be micromanaged
- You have exceptional project management skills and are using dealing with developers and the business development side
Tools that we use in case you wanted to know:
- Youtrack, Asana, Slack
- GSuite (no one has MS Office, it is not allowed hehe)
- Analytical tools to see user behavior, growth, stickiness. Working with MixPanel, Fullstory, etc is a big plus.
How to apply - Send me a direct email with your resume or/and a few short paragraphs on why you think you have the skills and passion for this position. - If you like, include a short video about yourself.