Group Product Manager - Subscriptions
- USA Only
Group Product Manager – Subscriptions (Remote)
- Mountain View, California, United States or Remote, United States
[As of June 2020, Quora has become a “remote-first” company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Our product managers excel at and are responsible for guiding, enabling, and accelerating the efforts of our designers, engineers, and data scientists to build and ship successful products. You’ll have the opportunity to drive company-level impact, influence overall company strategy, and interface regularly with product leadership and the executive team. We have a strong emphasis on data, balance rigor and pragmatism, and employ scalable solutions in pursuit of building successful products for our 300+ million unique monthly visitors.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to lead the company’s subscription efforts. In this role, you’ll own the company’s approach to subscriptions, driving the direction and execution of product development to support the effort, and collaborating with other product teams to ensure that we’re leveraging Quora’s strengths to set up subscriptions for success.
- Identify key user needs and product solutions for subscription-based products
- Partner cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, data science, user research, and go to market teams
- Define objectives, metrics, and key results to help guide, prioritize, and measure the success of initiatives
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn whyhere
- 6+ years combined experience in Product Management, Data Science, or Engineering at a consumer web company
- Experience working with subscription-based products
- Adept at using qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related engineering or mathematical discipline
- Curiosity and passion for Quora
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.