Director of Product
- USA Only
Director of Product (Brands & Members)
Founded in 2009, TeamSnap has changed the way people manage sports and group activities. Over 22 million coaches, administrators, players, and parents rely on TeamSnap’s powerful but easy-to-use solutions for communication, scheduling, payment collection, registration, real-time game sharing and much more. With TeamSnap, organizers save time, can focus on what matters, and keep participants happy.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and we empower our people to bring big ideas to life and into our customer’s hands. We work hard and play hard. TeamSnap is a regular on Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work.
TeamSnap is looking for an experienced product manager with a passion for building awesome product experiences to accelerate the growth of our advertising and consumer businesses. You will live and breathe the TeamSnap consumer product by owning the ideation and implementation of highly engaging product and advertising experiences for over 23 million users. You will partner closely with engineering, ad sales, marketing, finance, customer success, and analytics to ensure business success. If you are someone who leads by deeply understanding customers’ behaviors and needs, enables and encourages the creativity of others, and is passionate about driving high- impact business results with unparalleled product experiences, then you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with the VP of Product, VP of Brands, and VP of Members to develop a product strategy and roadmap to accelerate TeamSnap’s business growth, with a specific focus on advertising revenue, user engagement, acquisition, and retention.
- Oversee and manage the business performance, investments, and priorities of our B2C mobile and web products.
- Deeply understand digital media products, customers, the competitive landscape, market opportunities, and product differentiators to establish a market advantage.
- Develop, manage, and analyze high-impact product features and own the daily execution of strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Promote and enhance a highly-effective, efficient, and innovative agile product culture that executes initiatives on-time, on-budget, with high quality.
- Direct management of a Senior Product Manager with the ownership of building-out a team of product managers.
- Partner with other product managers, advertising operations, and growth marketing to create a cohesive product vision and customer experience across all product offerings.
- Work collaboratively with design, product development, QA, marketing, and sales to ensure the end-to-end delivery of product features.
- Be the voice and brand of the TeamSnap product. Proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to bring to life the product vision, roadmap, and alignment to our company goals.
Things that are important
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred.
- Hands-on experience with advertising revenue-generating consumer products and being responsible for business results to inform key strategic and investment decisions.
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing, attribution models, funnel optimization, A/B campaign testing.
- Passion for great product experiences – constantly seeking to learn best practices in web and mobile products and apply those to our own products.
- Energized by collaborating with other functional leaders and effectively manages through influence.
- Experience using and implementing human-centered design and lean experimentation practices.
- Ability to do quantitative market research and use data to back your plans and recommendations.
- Something vaguely weird in your Spotify playlist—maybe a Chipmunks cover band.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Comfort with the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and remote teams.
- Fluency with Jira and Confluence.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Big Query and SQL.
- Ability to juggle and chew gum at the same time – we have a high bar for talent.
- Passionate about youth sports as a parent, player, or fan.
- A TeamSnap user.
How do I know if TeamSnap is the right place for me?
- You want to get to work on a product people use and love (yes people will stop you on the street and show you our app on their phone)
- You relentlessly pursue the voice of the customer
- You’re a strong communicator who’s not afraid to ask the right questions
- You are looking for a company with a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan to blow the socks off our competition.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited vacation, flexible PTO and parental leave for all parents
- 100% premium coverage of Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Wellness stipend
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag-
Inclusion and Diversity
TeamSnap is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs. TeamSnap does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws