Software Engineering Team Lead
About the Role
The software engineering lead is responsible for ensuring the Cloud Team can realize their vision through a combination of leadership and coaching, process improvement and hands-on ability.
Through the above ability and a close partnership with the cloud team product manager, you create a capability that enables the cloud team to design and deliver SaaS applications that accelerate the world’s transition to remote work.
- Operate in a 60% hands-on and 40% leadership/process capacity.
- Lead, manage and hire cloud team engineers and ensure that they are motivated, happy, and contribute to team success.
- Be generous in your mentorship and development of your engineers. Educate using your technical mastery and ensure your teammates get this from others in your non-expert areas.
- Contribute to the broader engineering vision in collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering, and communicate the vision regularly to your team.
- Design and deliver Time Doctors suite of cloud applications.
- Translate the product managers' vision into well understood technical tasks that can be efficiently delivered by the team.
- Drive a culture of quality that can scale, by ensuring relevant test engineering techniques - for example, Unit Tests, Code Reviews, Integration Testing, and Snapshot testing.
- Own the complete cloud team delivery process, ensuring it is optimized from start to finish. Continuously optimize the process through regular retrospectives and continual improvement.
- Initiate change to existing processes based on a combination of experience of you and your team and metrics to improve the efficiency, quality and delivery rate of your team.
- Minimize the number of open critical and support issues by working with support departments to respond rapidly and manage customer issues.
- Own the cloud team production environment, ensuring platform performance, uptime, and stability.
- 3 + years of experience working as a lead level engineer, ideally working on Node.js applications at scale
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead technical discussions.
- Strong MongoDB experience, ideally with some sharding experience
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous delivery, ideally in a product-focused SaaS environment
- Experience working with AWS (S3, SQS, Redshift, Lambda), Google BigQuery, Firebase, Redis, and Heroku is desirable.
- Experience of working in a structured delivery environment
- Interest in a remote-first role and the ability to thrive in such an environment.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- The ability to form strong relationships with internal teams, for example, Support, Customer Success, and other Engineering teams
- The ability to prioritize and remain calm under pressure
How to Apply:
Please go to this link https://time-doctor.breezy.hr/p/9f870ca45202-software- engineering-team-lead-cloud-100-remote to complete the application.
Our vision is to be the most trusted time-tracking and productivity application for remote teams. We help companies and employees do their best work. We’re looking for people passionate about spreading the practice of remote work with all of the benefits that come with it. We believe that office life is antiquated, that geography should not limit your career prospects, and that people should be able to work from wherever they want.
We’re a diverse global team of over 120 people working 100% remotely in over 30 different countries. We’re looking for an innovative software engineer team lead ready to help us modernize remote work. Learn more about us here: https://www.timedoctor.com/about-us.html