Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
As a software engineer focused on data and analytics, you will be embedded in Bevy's data analytics and insights team. You will be deeply involved in the development of analytics-focused product features to help make increasingly advanced data insights available to event organizers and community organizations.
- Create and maintain analytics dashboards that are used by customers to get insights into their communities and events.
- Work with product managers to define and prioritize new features.
- Work with data engineers to design data sources that enable fast dashboards.
- Improve development workflows through automation.
- Communicate with Customer Support & other Engineering teams to identify trends.
- Work as a team with other engineers on code reviews, feedback, and process improvement.
- Automate tests that ensure software works effectively.
- Work closely with everyone who has a stake in the Bevy platform and products.
What we’re looking for:
- You enjoy building software to solve problems.
- You think systemically.
- You care deeply about code quality and quality for customers.
- You have experience with Django development in production environments.
- You have created REST API endpoints in Django.
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.