Senior Ruby on Rails Developer | Remote $60-80k
Gatekeeper is a SaaS-based, next-generation Contract Management Solution. We help our customers to reduce risk, improve compliance and maximise value.
Due to strong growth, we are opening the doors for a new Senior Ruby Developer to join our growing, experienced and talented technology team.
This is a rare chance to join a true technology startup, working with a close- knit team to help deliver and maintain new product features.
We live by our company vision and values. If these ring true to you, then we’d like to talk to you.
Note: This is a fully remote role, so your physical location can be anywhere in Europe.
- Contribute, design, build, extend, and support our application
- Be involved in all phases of development, from conception to deployment
- Maintain quality code with a Code to Test Ratio: 1:1.1
- Recommend technology, architecture and solutions best suited to solve problems
- Participate in daily stand-ups and design sessions with our remote team
- Regularly do code review pull requests
- We're a distributed team of experienced developers
- We love Ruby
- We know how to cook a Rails monolith in the right way
- We do care about the project, about the code quality and about our customers
- We use code reviews (reviewing each other)
- We have Code to Test Ratio: 1:1
- 10+ years overall professional experience
- 6+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- Obsessed with Ruby
- A solid understanding of reliable design for big Rails projects
- Confident with SQL (PostgreSQL in particular)
- Clean code with understanding of code smells and refactoring
- Test-driven development - “Test Obsessed”
- Understanding of front-end development (HTML/HAML/SASS/JS). However, no knowledge of frameworks required.
- Experience of delivering large development projects
- Tangible contribution to the open-source community or trackable record of public talks
- Generous market rate based on experience
- Work remotely: Live & work wherever you like - no more commutes
- Flexible hours: Design your working time to meet your lifestyle
- Annual Leave: 20 days holidays (Plus 10 days sick leave)
- Technology: Get hooked up with a laptop, monitor and headphones to do your best work
- Gatekeeper Retreats: Join us on annual (or more frequent) GK Gatherings
- Learning & development budget: to support our lifetime learners we offer financial support for courses, books and events
- Health: stay fit and healthy - reimbursement for a gym membership or any other well-being activity