Senior Integration Engineer
- North America
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. Most recently, WELL Health was recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles in 2021 by Built In LA. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
Behind the scenes, health systems have hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of different systems that must communicate with one another. At WELL, we connect with the systems in the hospital that need to communicate to patients; the team responsible for doing so is our Integration team.
WELL is looking for a talented Senior Integration Engineer to join the team. You will work directly alongside a team of integration and platform engineers under the direction of our Director of Integrations. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys a balance of deep technical work and working with clients, all while keeping a focus on improving the patient experience. Our team is passionate about reducing technical debt, optimizing our deployment processes, and ensuring our customers have a great experience with our technical teams.
As a member of this team you will:
- Scope and deploy new integrations with clients
- Support and maintain existing client integrations
- Identify and eliminate technical debt in the system
- Improve and create process that allows the team to operate more effectively
- Leverage our integration engine and cloud platform to investigate, diagnose, and solve customer integration issues.
- Assist in monitoring the health of the integration platform, proactively working to remediate problems which will impact system performance, message delivery, or availability.
- Effectively communicate technical issues with clients in non-technical language.
- Develop solutions to integrations bugs.
- Bring Mid-Market and Enterprise client integrations live. Includes scoping, developing, testing, and deploying integrations to our clients.
- Work with account managers and client support to ensure all customer integrations are stable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, math, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare integration engineering role
- 2+ years of experience with HL7v2, FHIR, and other common standards of healthcare system data exchange solutions
- 1+ years of experience in a client-facing technical role
- Strong software engineering skills and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Deep experience in at least one programming language
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A passion for managing data and connecting systems
- Experience with the Mirth Integration Engine
- Experience with AWS, particularly Lambda Functions, API Gateway, and SQS
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in- office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are open to candidates that would be interested in working full-time out of our headquarters when we return to in-office work, or those that are already located within the United States and seeking a permanently remote position.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee Equity groups – many groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks : dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.