Senior Fullstack Engineer - Developer Productivity
- North America
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
We’re not just a business, Happy Money is a Movement. As the leader in the financial mindfulness category, we deliver digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™. We do this through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 100% remote position for candidates based in the US.
Happy Money is looking for a Sr. Fullstack Engineer to join our Developer Productivity team. Our engineering team is evolving and our infrastructure is moving to a Cloud-Based solution. You will build tools to help us deliver our software to production with increased speed and quality. This team will focus on solving problems faced by engineering teams and optimize their process. We will be creating products and solutions that will add efficiencies to existing development practices. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience to come and make an impact.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop tools to build a reliable and efficient code journey pipeline from the developer’s machine to production.
- Familiar with design, implementation, test, deployment, and maintenance of containerized microservices.
- Partner with the manager and build a roadmap for the developer productivity team.
- Partner with the customer engineering managers and principal leads to identify obstacles and define improvements in the engineering processes, systems, and tools to support the developers.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions, and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- You will be engaging with HappyMoney’s engineering teams to identify potential areas of improvement or pain points and driving the adoption of our team's solution.
- Curiosity about how things work and love to share that knowledge with others. You enjoy grooming other engineers.
- 4+ experience with full-lifecycle software development on multiple platforms at scale.
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one backend framework such as Java, Python, Golang, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Experience integrating with APIs.
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, and design documentation.
- Ability to build tooling and/or services in one or more object-oriented programming languages.
- An interest in ideation and building internal products with other engineers as your customers
- Experience deploying and operating services in a Cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Previous experience with defining the CI/CD Pipeline for large cloud-based applications.
- Previous experience with front-end/UI development experience.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, and enjoyment of learning from and teaching other team new skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with deployment automation/configuration management viz. Terraform, Chef, CloudFormation.
- Experience with Salesforce.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we urge you to apply anyway!