Senior Front End Developer
- USA Only
EventMobi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
EventMobi is an award-winning tech startup with offices in Toronto, Berlin and Manila with thousands of clients across the globe. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, for businesses and society at large. At EventMobi we have a huge impact on enabling success for events and their attendees. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their events and how attendees experience conferences and tradeshows.
If you’re looking for a software development role that allows you to drive the web forward by utilizing the latest technologies, you’ve come to the right place! Developers at EventMobi focus on building powerful front-ends that work across devices, are offline-capable and are just as, if not more powerful, than their native counterparts. We use the best tools for the job, including React+Redux,, Cordova, Material UI and Webpack to develop a platform that generates & deploys thousands of apps annually and we’re constantly looking to push the bar with your help!
What Your Work Will Focus On
- Modern Web App – You will be involved in enhancing our responsive web app, solving interesting problems along the way – real-time content updates, offline content, UI and architecture scaling for performance.
- Ownership – From initial design to deployment, test automation to performance monitoring, you own what you build end-to-end.
- Architecture & Scale – Gathering insights and employing strong design principles, you will determine the best tech to address our customers’ needs while optimizing for scale.
- Development – Best practices, craftsmanship, well thought out code and mentorship to your team is your ideal and you preach this in your own work as well as with your teammates.
- Quality – You will help grow the team around you in not only pushing new capabilities for our customers but also maintaining the utmost quality in everything we build.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 5+ years experience as a software developer working on large or fast scaling products
- Ability to architect elegant solutions to complex problems using appropriate abstractions and techniques
- Comfortable working with large code bases
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Proficient using JSX/ES6/HTML/CSS
- Experience with Material UI or Ant Design
- Champion best practices and performance improvements
- Experience with automated testing suites like Jest, Enzyme and Cypress
- Ability to debug a codebase in a self-sufficient manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of SOLID Principles, Domain Modelling, and Design Patterns is a major benefit
- Ability to mentor and grow team members, provide technical guidance and oversight on implementation direction
Nice to have:
- Experience with Python or other server-side languages
- Experience with Docker and AWS and CI/CD like GitHub Actions
- Experience with WebRTC, RTMP and video codecs
Some of the interesting things you will get to work on:
- Changing the way our app loads (cache-first to network-first strategy)
- Utilizing Redux and dynamic reducers
- React based page builder that generates React components with API integration
- Adding more engagement features (chat/group discussions/1:1 video meetings/breakout rooms)
What will you get from EventMobi?
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options
- A great culture with much more along the way
Remote Workspace Requirements:
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment – a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable ethernet connection of at least 30Mbps upload speed with wired connection or reliable WiFi at home.
We’re focused on building the most comprehensive & extensible event management platform to help planners create incredible event experiences. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, and we can have a huge impact on enabling success for events and their attendees. We’ve already changed how 10,000+ events in 70+ countries use technology at their events, and we’re looking forward to influencing hundreds of thousands of future events.
If you are interested in seeing EventMobi in action, check out some of the videos below:
- The Experience Manager Platform
- The EventMobi Mobile Event App
- “The Nature of Events” – a fun video showcasing the EventMobi Team
- Top brands and organizations from around the world have used EventMobi’s event app technology to create incredible event experiences – hear directly from our customers.
** No agencies and no recruiters please.