Remote - Developer
Join the team engineering the way food is ordered in the future
Now is your chance to join the most innovative subsidiary of the largest food delivery company in the world. Experience a unique opportunity to apply creative thinking and your skills to help shape the way in which food is ordered in the future.
Behind us we have 7 years' experience developing a systems integration platform that benefited food delivery companies so much so that Just Eat Takeaway.com acquired us outright. Today, we are deploying this technology into thousands of restaurant locations across 20 countries. Our product is a restaurant API that integrates data from existing restaurant systems, like orders, bookings and menus, to the end consumer apps and restaurant back office systems. Ahead of us is a vision where every restaurant in the world will use our technology; a future that our teams will help build.
You will play an integral role in our small but fast paced company where people work remotely across three continents, engaging with the biggest restaurant brands in an industry where there is even greater growth potential. You will be part of a cross functional squad owning the vision and roadmap to enable the deployment of our technology to become even quicker and with less friction, so that it is achieved at the touch of a button.
We value five key areas, which we embrace and use to define ourselves: Care, Transparency, Individual Leadership, Enthusiasm, and Results Achievement. These values give us the guiding principles to make our own choices, share openly with one another, achieve what we intend to, support our teammates, and maintain passion for the work we do.
We are on the lookout for remote developers in Canada to join the team at Flyt.
Experience in Golang is essential and you must love being autonomous in a small, goals oriented team.
What you'll be doing
Here's what your day-to-day looks like:
- Integrating to hospitality technology systems, such as a restaurant's point of sale platform, with a view to deploying our technology in thousands of restaurant locations across Canada
- Owning the squad's KPI in successful injection of orders
- Building new features in our core language Go
- Working within our Microservices architecture to deliver high level readable and maintainable code
- Making key architectural decisions to help move our platform forward
- As part of the role, all Flyt Engineers will be required to be on-call. Those on-call are required to be 'available' to receive alerts as and when a pre-defined threshold in our injection success levels has been breached. All those who are required to be on-call will be trained and remunerated.
You must have
- Experience in Golang
- Proven development experience in project environments
- Experience working with teams across different time zones
- Experience communicating in client facing roles as well as behind the scenes to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A passion and desire to contribute to high impact projects in a fast pace organisation
- Experience in working in food technology and/or the Canadian hospitality sector
Nice to have
- Experience in Typescript
Working with us
You'll love working here if:
- Remote working is your thing!
- You can't wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (majority of our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious
Our tech stack
- Golang and Typescript microservices with a SNS/SQS and Kafka Event Bus
- Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run our services
- AWS for most of our infrastructure
- Custom built tooling to help engineers spin up services in minutes, update them, alert on them and observe them
- We own the services we build. This means there's an on-call rota for all our services, which is shared with everyone around the company (tech and non-tech).
- Competitive salary
- MacBook Pro to enable you to do your job
- A training budget to help you level-up
- A bonus pool based on performance
- 20 days paid annual leave per annum
- A wellbeing programme designed to provide you with the tools, should you need, to ensure you are your happy and healthy self!
- A leadership development programme and engineering development programme to support you in levelling up and access to coaches on leadership, product and tech
- Company-wide remote socials (attendance is, of course, not mandatory although we highly encourage it as we are a social bunch!
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun (on hold until it's safe to do so again)
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australasia.
The hiring experience
We have a 3 stage process when it comes to hiring. There will be an initial 20/30 min Google Hangout with one of our hiring managers, 60 minute technical assessment with relevant person in that role i.e. Developer, Project Managers, etc and finally a culture interview with two of the team (a Tribe Lead and one other). A final decision will be made post the culture interview.
We're a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing everyone at Flyt to bring their true selves to work every day