Python Developer / Data Scientist – High Growth Tech Co
- USA Only
Remote | Contract Role | Flexible Hours | High Growth Tech Company | Fast- paced Team
www.affinda.com is an artificial intelligence business focused on automating high-volume document workflows. North America, Europe, and Australia are our key markets. We are a small, agile team of tech, product, strategy and salespeople. We build world-class AI solutions that leverage the latest advancements in natural language processing and image recognition. Our first off-the-shelf solution was a resume parser, and our customer base is growing fast.
About the role
We're looking to add another smart generalist developer / data scientist to our data science team. You will be instrumental in building new AI-powered solutions for document processing. You will be a thought leader in the team, and will drive the development of new solutions that add massive value for our users.
Key activities include:
- Building REST APIs to allow clients to integrate our solutions with their platforms.
- Experimenting with new NLP packages and approaches to Named Entity Recognition.
- Developing our core algorithms for parsing resumes.
- Building simple front-end tools for end users in React JS.
- Writing tests to ensure reliability of our systems.
- You are a highly intelligent and self-motivated individual, excited by the opportunity to build machine learning solutions.
- You love to learn new things and you learn fast.
- You are willing to take on unfamiliar technical problems. For example, learning a new programming language, or figuring out how to deploy a model on AWS (with the assistance of our dev-ops team).
- Formal data science / mathematics / statistics qualification preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with machine learning or software development.
- You have strong knowledge of Python.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can participate in an English-only work environment.
- You have used or feel confident to learn the Django web development framework
This is a contractor role
Draftable is seeking to hire a contractor. Please be aware that this results in additional obligations on you, as a contractor. Obligations may include managing your tax and ensuring you have the appropriate registration to operate as a sole trader or equivalent. We recommend you seek professional advice to understand these obligations prior to applying for this role.
About our culture
We are a small, friendly team of experienced professionals. We are all great at what we do and appreciate the value of working with highly competent peers. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our culture.
USD$65,000 - $80,000 per annum
You'll need to submit a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for the role, your resume and answers to specific questions.
Brief call with a team member
Focused on your background and technical knowledge
Time-boxed (~3 hour) hands-on exercise, for you to demonstrate your abilities
Background interview (final step before offer):
Call with our founder to talk through your professional background
For further details about the application process and to apply for this role, please copy and paste this link into your browser: https://draftable.applytojob.com/apply/hy0QSU4CQ0/Python-Developer-Data- Scientist-High-Growth-Tech-Co-REMOTE-Global-Role?source=STCK