Fully Remote - Senior Frontend Engineer - Meraki: Camera Team
Full time, Fully remote, or optional onsite in San Francisco
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a Front End Engineer at Meraki, you will build an important bridge between our end users and their cameras. Consider the facility manager monitoring live video to keep their campus safe, the security guard investigating a historical incident, or the marketing manager reconfiguring their store layout based on foot traffic analysis; you’ll step into each user’s shoes, collaborating with our product and UX teams to craft intuitive and powerful tools to help our users find the answers and security they seek.
At your disposal will be a full suite of cameras, equipped with powerful (and ethical) computer vision technology based on machine learning, with a passionate, supportive, personal-growth oriented team by your side.
We can’t wait to see where your imagination will take you.
What you will do:
- Contribute to a high-performance video streaming web application
- Craft data rich visualizations to intuitively communicate how physical spaces are being used
- Work on initiatives to provide a delightful camera management experience
- Collaborate with UX designers and analyze user feedback to identify frictional workflows, then build tools to streamline those processes
- Improve performance and efficiency of our front end, allowing us to handle increasingly large datasets with minimal delay
- Build internal frameworks and refine front end infrastructure to augment developer productivity
- Provide technical leadership to junior team members
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 7+years of experience in designing, developing and testing enterprise-class web applications
- Take complete ownership from conception to production release by leveraging your ability to influence, facilitate, and work collaboratively across teams
- Would thrive in a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems
- Are passionate about what you do and ignite people around you