Strategic Business Development Representative
- USA Only
Strategic Business Development Representative
Appcues is looking for a creative self-starter to be the first Business Development Representative (BDR) on our Strategic Accounts team. This is not an ordinary BDR role. This person will partner with our Director of Strategic Accounts to prospect into our existing customer base with the goal of expanding their spend and usage of Appcues.
Appcues is a SaaS platform used by thousands of companies to improve their products without writing any code. Our world-class customers, such as Segment, Lyft, and Instacart, embed Appcues in their products to influence user behavior and grow their business through beautiful in-app experiences they design.
As a BDR, you will be critical to achieving our expansion goals. As the first person in this role, you will learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable. We’re a small and growing company so the thought of working at a startup with few restrictions thrills you. You should be excited to dive head first into solving problems and enjoy being busy.
Your responsibilities will include
- Prospect into Strategic Accounts to inspire and drive expansion of their Appcues usage (email only, no cold-calling required)
- Research companies and create lists of companies to prospect into
- Create and distribute usage reports for Strategic Accounts
- Manage monthly upgrade revenue operations
- Be creative. We want to hear your outside-the-box ideas and you’ll have a lot of freedom to test them out.
You may be a great fit if…
- You are at the beginning of your career with 1-3 years of work experience, ideally in sales/business development or relevant internship.
- You are interested in a career in sales and want to learn the inner workings of a growing SaaS business.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment where you have freedom to mold your own role and learn 10x faster than others. Maybe you work at a startup now and love it. Or you work at a big company and the slow moving process and bureaucracy makes you sick to your stomach.
- You are a good communicator, both verbally and in writing, and you are motivated by developing these skills further
- You don’t have to be a coder, but you’re interested in technology and excited to gain a deeper understanding of how software works.
- You are efficient and thrive juggling multiple tasks at once.
- You enjoy winning as a team.
- Our company values speak to you.
- 100% remote – We don’t have an office which ensures all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
- Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Home office and tech budget – We offer a $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
- Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
- Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
- Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns.
- Unlimited vacation – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it’s the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user’s needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, their work, and the success story we are writing. Our values are not just words. We live by them.
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer that commits to diversity and inclusion and also celebrates it. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or marital status. We believe that diverse teams foster a more inclusive company culture, build better products, and are more human, humane, and fun.