Head of User Research
- USA Only
Head of User Research
- REMOTE (US)
At Skillshare, our mission is to inspire creativity through discovery. We’re building a global platform that empowers millions of members to come together, find inspiration, and take the next step in their creative journey. We’re excited to welcome a Head of User Research to champion the voice of students, teachers and enterprise clients throughout the organization.
Reporting directly to the VP of Product Design, you’ll work closely with executive stakeholders, product, engineering, data and marketing partners to deliver meaningful insights and opportunities that will influence product strategy. You’ll be the expert in uncovering behaviors, motivations and unmet needs so as to identify solutions that drive acquisition, engagement and retention throughout our products and services.
We’ll look to your expertise in research methodologies, extracting insights from data and strategic direction to shape the future of creative education – and ultimately create a product our users love.
What you’ll do everyday:
- You’ll work cross-functionally to develop and manage User Research at Skillshare. You’ll deliver high impact work as an individual contributor while helping to scale the organization.
- Evangelize the voice of the user across the organization to ensure we’re building a product that users love.
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques that communicate in a compelling way and lead to action.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to prioritize research that answers critical product questions and guides strategic vision.
- Oversee all research efforts by forming close relationships with new and existing students, teachers and enterprise clients to uncover their needs.
- Leverage research methodologies that measure quantitative and qualitative aspects of human behavior.
- Utilize product and market data to help develop insights that better serve the needs of our users.
- Evolve, streamline and develop internal user research processes to improve quality, rigor and scale.
- Provide teams with tools and best practices to conduct research on their own.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product Design and broader team to create a unified vision, principles and culture to the organization.
- Scale the impact of User Research at Skillshare. You’ll define clear research goals, resourcing recommendations and empower the team to deliver meaningful insights.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You are an industry leader in human-centered user research, and have a proven track record to match. You have experience at consumer tech companies.
- You are a big picture strategic thinker and a highly experienced individual contributor.
- You’re a great communicator and cross-functional collaborator. You naturally build relationships with research participants, executive stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- You have deep mastery of a broad range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- You have a track record of developing and retaining talent. You know how to empower and inspire teams to do the best work of their lives.
Why your excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll have the opportunity to build a world-class UX research function at a scaling company that values collaboration and innovation.
- Our team: There aren’t many venture-backed startups with high growth rates, a strong platform and subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact. On top of that, our team is passionate, talented, and driven.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC (#BI-Remote), Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.