Head of Sales and Business Development
- USA Only
Head of Sales and Business Development
- FULL TIME
SelfMade is looking for an entrepreneurial, yet methodical and analytical Head of Sales & Business Development to support the growth and scale of SelfMade. This role is multifaceted and you will be responsible for executing and refining our sales and business development strategy across the entire sales lifecycle.
You’ll work closely with SelfMade’s CEO and Chief of Staff to set, and hit monthly revenue goals as well as cross-functionally with Marketing, Product and Operations to ensure a delightful experience for prospects throughout the sales process and beyond. Fundamentally, our sales process relies on communicating value while empathizing with both the business and human motivations behind someone’s desire to learn more about what SelfMade has to offer.
While you don’t need to be a performance marketer, you need to have an understanding of how businesses grow through marketing – from D2C startups, all the way up to Enterprise. We have a diverse array of solutions and being able to effectively align our offering with a prospect’s needs has a heavy influence on the value we’re able to ultimately provide for our customers.
You must have a high EQ and be a clear communicator, both with internal stakeholders and prospective customers alike. You thrive in a startup environment and love to get your hands dirty – this role will first entail doing all aspects of the role prior to building out a team.
- Become an expert of the SelfMade offering, our value propositions and our customer-base along with the different use cases for SelfMade
- Work closely with our Chief of Staff (focused on Sales Operations) to lead on Discovery, the RFP process, and closing deals while eliciting support from the rest of the SelfMade team as needed
- Build out and execute on a Sales & BD roadmap focused on 1) improving our sales enablement material, 2) building out our affiliate networks and 3) sourcing new enterprise deals
- Think holistically alongside our Chief of Staff and CEO to set Sales & BD KPIs that align with our longer-term company vision and plan
- Bring insights from the Sales process into our marketing materials to further enhance our ability to drive demand for our ideal customer profile
- Refine and adjust our sales strategy and plans based on data and learnings
- Stay aligned with our product roadmap and contribute thought leadership based on insights from the Sales & BD process
- 3+ years in a strategic role related to Sales, Marketing, or Business Development – fundamentally you must have experience managing relationships and have a working understanding of how businesses grow – (experience working with early stage startups a plus)
- Experience building and presenting strategic plans (ideally related to growth or marketing) and a track record of success in getting things over the line through smart stakeholder management
- Strong instincts and ability to communicate value – what we offer is valuable and the key is communicating that value opposed to relying on gimmicks or discounts
- High EQ and the ability to communicate clearly – you can have a conversation, you don’t need a script
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to roll up your sleeves when something needs to get done
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively – you are team-oriented but know how to enlist the support of others when you need it
- Highly organized and comfortable managing and executing on multiple initiatives at once
- Excited about working with a high degree of independence while keeping stakeholders updated and engaged in the process
This is a high leverage role with the opportunity to make a big impact and shape our strategy for years to come. Expect a competitive application process.