Director of HR
- USA Only
Want to be part of a company that improves the lives of customers around the globe through information? Are you Interested in leveraging your HR talents into authentic connections that positively impact a fast-growing company? If so, we have just the opportunity for you!
At LoveToKnow (https://www.lovetoknowmedia.com/ we’re focused on improving people’s lives through better information
Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best- in-class content every month to 45-million unique users and across 100-million page views. LoveToKnow is a remote-first company, founded in the US with growing teams in Barcelona, Spain, and India.
Why this role exists:
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of HR will build best-in-class people programs while continuing to maintain LoveToKnow’s strong company culture. You will own Human Resource operations using your detailed knowledge of HR best practices and multi-state employment laws. Streamline, automate, and update HR procedures, policies, and guidelines to ensure retention while effectively supporting our growing global company.
What’s in it for me?:
Build the foundation of the professional HR Department from the ground up; shape, nurture, and champion our global culture and company values. Work from home…but have your passport handy!
Supercharge your HR career by taking extreme ownership and working closely with our CEO, Howard Love. Howard is a serial entrepreneur (involved in founding over 15 companies) and investor (70+ startups including OpenTable, Trulia, FlexJobs, and HotelTonight). Howard is also a frequent speaker and the author of ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Learning Allowance
- 7-10 years of Human Resources / People Leadership with accomplished track record and certifications
- 3+ years of HR experience in tech or media
- Bachelor’s degree with experience at fast-growing companies
- Experience working from home and managing a distributed workforce
- Detailed knowledge of HR best practices and multi-state employment laws and regulations in the US (and the desire to learn about international HR, particularly in Canada and Spain)
- You will increase retention – that employees have a purpose & feel connected to one another.
- You will evaluate performance – ensure company employees are productive, understand their goals, and are fully engaged.
- You will recruit – manage an effective recruiting process to hire the best talent available.
Core competencies/hard skills:
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation, benefits, and recognition
- Craft, apply, and continually improve HR procedures, policies, and guidelines
- Foster a growth-oriented and motivating environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Build strong social connections, feedback mechanisms, and communication lines between employees, management, and offices
- Handle all employee relations functions, including complaint investigation + resolution, risk mitigation, and response measures
- Manage a small team of internal recruiters, implement recruiting best practices, and scale their processes
- Serve as the first-line resource for all legal employment matters and compliance at the federal, state, and local levels. Consult with specialists as appropriate
- Build a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Natural leader who is collaborative & inclusive
- Upbeat and positive
- Competitive and loves to win
- Performer who gets things done but isn’t afraid to voice opinion/insight
- Intelligent: bright, insightful, intellectually curious, self-learner who keeps their skills sharp
- Takes responsibility, owns the outcome but shares credit when applicable
- Humble (not locked into their ego, but willing to listen and embrace others opinions) but also respectfully assertive assertive
- Loyal/committed to the company and product – not just for their own agenda
- Multi-tool player (can tackle a variety of challenges)
- Visionary thinker: the ability to think beyond incremental improvements
$110K – $130K
Remote (USA), 8-5 hours in EST