- USA Only
- Location: United States
Tech for Campaigns is a national nonprofit on a mission to establish a permanent digital and technology arm for the Democratic Party. Started by three tech entrepreneurs following the 2016 election, TFC grew rapidly to now have worked with over 300 campaigns, delivering almost 700 high-quality digital projects for low-to-no-cost to state campaigns; developed innovative vote-by-mail campaign techniques; and developed three software products to help campaigns, state caucuses, and other Democratic organizations. TFC’s skilled tech volunteer network is now more than 15,000 strong.
Our Net Promoter Score of 91 (better than the iPhone!) from our candidates and campaign managers shows that our process works and has strong electoral impacts.
About the Campaign Director
You’ll work directly with candidates, staff, and leadership within state parties, advocacy organizations, and others to maximize electoral impact. You will be the initial point of contact and resource to hundreds of state legislative, statewide, and congressional campaigns — working with them to design, plan, and act on projects vital to their campaign’s success. At the same time, you’ll help develop plans for long-term technology investments that help TFC scale its impact. This is a high visibility role, with opportunities to drive forward digital campaigning in the Democratic Party.
What You’ll Do
- Advise and close campaigns and party committees directly on digital and technology needs:
- In partnership with state parties and legislative caucuses, work with campaigns to explain and evaluate partnership opportunities, and close potential projects for websites, email, digital advertising, and texting.
- Lead a full “sales” cycle, from initial interest to close, coordinating closely with TFC’s operations team to design projects, brief volunteers, and facilitate project execution.
- Be a subject matter expert on digital campaigning internally and externally:
- For candidates and campaign managers: advise on digital/tech strategies and execution paths, including areas not directly related to TFC’s core project work, like digital persuasion and direct response advertising and measurement, relational organizing, navigating technology vendors, etc. For TFC’s staff and volunteers: advise on campaign trends, needs, and idiosyncrasies, helping to make sure TFC is as helpful to as many campaigns as possible in as many ways as practical.
- Evaluate market trends and opportunities to scale long-term impact:
- Continually evaluate and communicate about emerging opportunities to improve TFC’s service delivery or build new software tools and processes.
Who You Are
- 5-7 years experience in client or donor-facing roles
- Heavily preferred: 3-4 years of campaign experience
- Bonus points: client coverage experience at a political digital vendor, advertising agency, or ad tech company.
- Passion for TFC’s mission – belief in technology and digital playing a major role in electing Democrats
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Analytical mindset; obsessive about metrics and reporting; knows their way around a good spreadsheet. Experience with NGPVAN, ActBlue, and other standard parts of the Democratic software ecosystem is a bonus.
- This is a full-time, remote position with healthcare and benefits package. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident located in the United States.
- Salary range: $100,000 – $120,000 depending on experience.