Sr. Web-First UX/UI Designer
We're looking to build out our creative team with a senior UI designer focused on the responsive web experience for businesses as well as end-user destinations. You'll work under our Creative Director with Product and Engineering teams to focus on delivering a peerless experience for local businesses as they seek to build rapport with consumers. Part of this will be seeking to bridge and adapt the experience from our mobile app to a new web- native client (aka your work).
We think that brand encompasses all touchpoints of experience: from back-end CMS dashboards through to front-end shareable events. And ideally you do too.
Here's what you can expect working at Go:
- Ideating and improving upon user stories, wireframes, and requirements
- Creating high-fidelity designs capable of handing off, working with, and improving engineering
- Work with other creative team members as we ideate, improve, and build up our holistic design systems
- Do no harm - thinking through consequences and possibilities in your work to potentially harm other users, employees or the planet - and you know, not doing that
- BA/BFA or similar degree
- 4-8 years of professional experience in either agency, product or direct-to-consumer work with a focus in digital
- Standard job requirement stuff: Ability to take direction, improve upon feedback, work with cross-department teams and manage multiple timelines and deliverables
- Proactive in ensuring design and brand cohesion across deliverables
- Perfection-minded in finalizing assets for delivery to engineering, media or print
- Must know Sketch like the back of your hand (but also have familiarity with Adobe Suite and Keynote)
- You think in strategic design implementation. Patterns. Breakpoints, media queries, edge cases. You probably have hands-on familiarity with a couple of frameworks even.
- Strong online portfolio that showcases a range of work and your thought process.
- A 'how can I help' attitude even if the work may be below your station: pitch deck assets, production materials, email, banner ads, search copy. Even our Creative Director chips in on this stuff.
- Stable working environment with high quality internet access
- Must hate snakes
This is a distributed/remote position. You can work anywhere in the world so long as you've got rock-solid internet and a reliable working environment. Our core team is situated around PST hours (GMT -08:00), so you'll be expected to be available with at least 80% overlap of those hours.
*sure every job asks for nice to haves but we think every person has a secret bonus skill that makes them who they are - do you have one of these? Share your passion with us.
- Logo and visual icons?
- HTML/CSS/App coding?
- Photography or videography?
Go is the first social app focused on getting people offline, out of their bubbles, and back together in the real world for better days together. Combining data science, design, social networking and event aggregation, Go provides a custom, curated feed of things to do and people to do them with. Our goal is to be a better kind of start-up—humane, socially good, and focused on improving the world too. Currently 25 people and growing, we’re seed-funded and now available in New Zealand with more regions worldwide online soon.