Senior User Experience Designer
- USA Only
Senior User Experience Designer (Remote)
Knock is on a mission to empower people to move freely. The Knock Home Swap™ makes it easy for consumers to buy their new home before selling their old one, skipping the hassles of living through repairs and showings, paying only one mortgage at a time, and having home prep covered upfront so their old house sells for the highest possible price. Knock currently offers the Home Swap in 17 markets in six states and plans to expand to at least 21 markets by mid-2021.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members ofTrulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs.
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will have experience designing for complex ecosystems with the ability to make complex simple. You excel at leading the design of impactful products while closely collaborating with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on designing meaningful products that delight the user and promote successful business outcomes.
Your approach as a Senior UX Designer is deeply collaborative and you derive satisfaction from owning design from discovery sessions to product launch and beyond. Your expertise will be highly valued and relied upon. When applying, please include a recent portfolio.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
As a Senior UX Designer you will:
- Participate in discovery sessions to understand the context of your work, and use this context as your foundation
- Synthesize research, create sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, mid-to-high fidelity static mockups, and InVision prototypes
- Ideate, create, and refine workflows and patterns for desktop and web experiences to make our products enjoyable to use
- Regularly test and validate solutions with users
- Leverage, and extend, our design system to deliver a consistent and rich user experience
- Be a key member throughout the entire product development process, from problem definition to detailed UX/visual design to QA/testing
- Communicate your rationale behind proposals, as well as, communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Actively participate in an agile design process, including contributing to story creation, daily standups, planning, refinement and retro.
We’d love you to bring:
- Experience working with complex subject matters
- Manage stakeholder conversations, conduct user interviews, and all research
- Knowledge of user experience conventions and principles, and ability test your designs
- Comfort leading meetings and facilitating design discussions and exercises
- Belief in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement
What We can Offer You:
- Equitable compensation offered based on your accomplishments, experience, and what market data shows in your geographic region.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, paid parental leave, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the continental United States.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home, full-time career at Knock.
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 28 states and counting. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and its subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This position is in the continental United States.