Senior UI/UX Designer
- Canada Only
Spectrum is a company that is transforming healthcare through world-class technology and design. Our mission is to help solve humanity’s greatest health challenges by bringing people and knowledge together. Our team is growing fast and we have world-changing projects already on the go.
Across Canada, Spectrum is used by hundreds of hospitals, and over 100,000 healthcare professionals. You will also find Spectrum at the World Health Organization, New York City Department of Health and numerous hospitals in the United States, Europe, South East Asia and Africa.
The problem we are solving is complex, and we have world-class creative minds on the team. We would love you to join too.
We are looking for an exceptional UI/UX Designer to direct the digital design of Spectrum as we grow.
Where You Fit
You will be using your experience and applying your skill and judgement across our entire product, working with all functions of the business. You will synthesise user experience concepts into cohesive, standout UI design, whether for the web or mobile, with a best-in-class user experience.
The skills you will use day to day include:
- Synthesising complex business requirements from an interface perspective
- Establishing design requirements from internal teams and external partners
- Setting design direction and maintaining consistency and cohesion
- Working with clinical content teams to refine and enhance content design
- Enhancing internal design systems and processes
- Coaching and mentoring colleagues to elevate in-house design skills
How we work
Our company is headquartered in Vancouver, but we are a remote team, spread across North America. We talk frequently and use collaboration tools you will be familiar with like Slack, Zoom, Github, ClickUp.
Full Idea Lifecycle
You will be involved in each step of the design process, working with the founders and others across all our teams to scope and refine product, system and design concepts. Contributing thoughtfully to conversations in a positive, engaging manner should come easily to you.
We are a small, technically strong team. We communicate closely and enjoy working together. However, as this is a senior role, you will also be expected to be independent and self-sufficient. You will need to be capable of developing strong strategies to solve complex design challenges, communicating those to others, and then implementing your defined strategy.
Our success to date is founded on producing high-quality software that our users love. We value creative, pragmatic strategies that can be acted upon quickly. You will enjoy finding the right balance between shipping your very best work, and meeting sometimes challenging schedules.
- 5+ years experience as a UI designer, creative director, UX designer, or similar role.
- Exceptional portfolio of UI, UX design.
- Sophisticated content and information design.
- Systematic, detailed approach to the creative process.
- Good understanding of mobile & web technologies.
- Your spoken and written English must be entirely fluent.
- Resident with permission to work in Canada - we work with Canadian government organisations so this is a hard requirement.
- Clinical/Domain expertise is required. We value people of diverse backgrounds who are passionate about solving complex, user-centered problems. Current team members' backgrounds include education, scientific research and video game design.
The core of our team is based on the West Coast, so you will need good overlap with PST working hours. This is a full-time position and we typically work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, though your schedule will be flexible and managed by you.
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible location
- Competitive salary for a senior position
Initial Hiring Process
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please email email@example.com with the following
- A message explaining why this role attracts you, and why it suits you
- Your Resume/CV
- Confirm your location and availability
After an initial screening process, we'll schedule a video call (15-30m) to see if we might be a good fit for each other. A longer video call (~1h) with some of your prospective teammates will follow.