Senior PHP Platform Developer
Future Publishing are one of the world leading Digital Media Publishing companies in the world and they are looking for a Senior PHP developer to join their web platform team building and maintaining web applications and components for some of the largest Digital companies in the wolrd including the likes of Linux, PlayStation & Xbox.
Job Summary & Purpose
As a Senior Developer you’ll work closely with the web platform team and engineering teams to ensure the delivery of scalable, well structured, efficient web applications and components; working on both green-field projects built from the ground up using the latest libraries and best practice as well maintaining and improving existing code. You will be responsible for the scoping and planning of: refactoring existing code, new components and working with other teams to build new services and products.
Key role responsibilities
- In collaboration with Tech Leads and Engineers you will ensure your code is well scoped, monitored, documented, and testable.
- You will also be responsible for tracing bugs across the stack and ensuring that suitable tests are set up to avoid future regressions.
- You will work with the rest of the team to review both your code and other developers before it goes through a final QA process and into production.
- You will be able to communicate effectively with the wider business and be able to critically assess product requirements and solutions.
- Your job will cover both client and server-side code working with datastores and server configuration. You will be keen to keep up to date with the latest approaches to development and be able to argue for appropriate technology to be added to the stack.
- You will participate in regular hack days, using cutting edge tech to prototype innovative approaches to business/technical goals.
- As an experienced member of the team you are required to support and help develop more junior members of staff both via code review/direction and mentoring.
Essential skills and experience
- You have experience with continuous delivery and DevOps tools and practices
- You have experience with continuous integration practices
- You have experience with creating and running containers
- You have experience with running PHP, NodeJS or Golang applications at scale
- You are able to communicate technical information to non-technical people as needed
- You are looking for a challenging role where you will be excited to learn and be passionate about software delivery
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Paid Leave
- Structured Career Development
- Discounted Gym Memberships & onsite well-being / Health support.
- Profit Bonus share scheme