Devops AWS Engineer
DevOps AWS Engineer
Due to continuous growth, we are currently seeking a DevOps AWS Engineer. You will be expected to work as an advisor/developer to help identify, educate, and create best-in-class solutions.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the quality of the work that they submit, feeling a sense of strong ownership with what they produce. We look for candidates who have a deep curiosity to learn, continue to develop, and hone their craft, those who want to offer their ideas to others but to be among a team they can learn from too.
Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and a drive to solve interesting and complex challenges, to develop best-in-class solutions.
This is a Full-Time (W2) position offering competitive compensation, as well as comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401k and more.
The role is remote - U.S. located, only full time (- contractors, Corp-to- Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to teammates through technical design of CI/CD processes and process orchestration, code reviews and implementation, adhering to industry standard best practices.
- Create standards and tools that enable faster delivery of software features with governance enforcement of coding and test standards.
- Drive implementation of CI/CD to enable frictionless delivery of changes to production with quality in collaboration with Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
- Responsible for establishing security and operations governance enforcement as part of the tooling framework to ensure stability and reliability.
- Implement tools that integrate with the organization change control platform providing greater transparency on the changes adhering to the audit/compliance guidelines.
- 6+ years overall technology experience.
- 3+ years DevOps experience in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years’ experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS and ability to design AWS deployment pipelines.
- AWS or Azure certification or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Terraform/ CloudFormation.
- Software security standards and best practices
- Concepts such as DevOps, Test Driven Development, Agile.
- Git source control and common branching strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A track record of identifying new opportunities for automation or orchestration.
- Able to synthesize automation and orchestration solutions for new platforms and technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CI/CD
- Comprehensive knowledge of containerization and related tooling and can integrate container applications into CI/CD.
- Able to handle any DevOps scripting task on their own.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking, storage, and provides storage to provide installation and configuration automation solutions.
Strong Nice to Have:
- Associate level or higher AWS certifications