Animation Technical Director
- USA Only
StudySync produces premium, 21st-century digital content for implementation in middle school and high school classrooms.
At StudySync, our company ethos, like our products, emphasize rigor, engagement, and most importantly, collaboration. We are proud of what we do and are dedicated to delivering teachers content and customer service worthy of their tremendous efforts.
For more information, visit www.studysync.com.
StudySync's Production team produces cutting-edge educational media that sets our company apart among 6-12 programs. The Production team seeks an Animation Technical Director to work part-time or full-time at our studios in Petaluma, CA or remotely.
The Animation TD will:
- program digital tools to improve and speed up the workflow of our digital artists
- work with animation software to develop, test, and implement custom features, tools, and add-ons for animators and designers
- develop creative tools for creating scalable layout solutions
- assist animators and designers with technical issues when they arise
- assist creative leadership with developing concepts for scale
- use analytics to monitor the workflow of the company or studio and streamline operations.
- offer guidance to more junior artists, give face-to-face technical help to all animation and design staff
- minimum 2-4+ years experience working professionally in a similar role
- a strong understanding of how the various artist roles in an animation department use animation software
- great problem-solving skills and an ability to think analytically to come up with creative and efficient solutions
- strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- knowledge of all parts of animation pipelines: have a strong understanding of all jobs within a pipeline, what these involve, the needs and challenges of the roles
- knowledge of 3D animation programs: be adept at using relevant programs such as Adobe After Effects and C4D
- experience developing successful plugins for Ae, Photoshop, Illustrator, and C4D
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Animation TD” in the subject line.