Vice President Customer Success
- USA Only
VP Customer Success
- REMOTE /
- CUSTOMER SUCCESS /
Foodsmart’s mission is to help people live longer happier lives and save money by making it easy to eat well. We work with employers and health plans to make this a reality. Our Registered Dietitians work with individuals to create personalized meal plans and nutrition guidance, backed by our Foodsmart platform available on mobile and web, that create sustainable eating behavior change. Our integrated healthy food marketplace, including partners such as Walmart, Instacart, Grubhub, and others, allow individuals to go from meal planning to grocery delivery in minutes. We’ve been published in major clinical publications, and currently serve >20% of the Fortune 500 and 4 out of 5 major health plans. We are a Series B startup based in San Francisco but support a remote working model.
Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
You are a respected Customer Success leader with a passion for digital health and deep health plan experience. You can adeptly lead a customer success team in effectively navigating a complex array of health plan stakeholders with the ultimate goal of creating enduring partnerships that create significant value. You are a builder, who has grown and developed teams, and gravitates towards developing the right processes, tools, and measurements to help scale your function. You are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives through nutrition.
- You are ultimately responsible for nurturing and growing our relationships with our health plan and employer customers, and ensuring their long term viability.
- Lead and grow experienced team of Customer Success professionals, ensuring quality and consistency of delivery
- Ensure we hit or exceed our account performance goals and secure our renewals
- Establish and maintain a robust set of tools, processes, and standards that allow the team to execute effectively and efficiently with a high degree of professionalism
- Act as a point of escalation for all customer related needs
- Participate as a member of the Management Team in key business strategies and decisions and act as an advocate of the customer and your team
- Work collaboratively cross functionally with Implementation, User Marketing, Analytics, Product, and Engineering teams to deliver against customer expectations.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience working for / with health plans in the area of customer success, account management, sales, product, or commercial roles
- 7+ years of customer success leadership experience
- Deep understanding of the unique needs of stakeholders in each of the health plan lines of business including fully insured, ASO, exchange, Medicare, Medicaid
- Experience working across the full range of health plan stakeholders including commercial, product, clinical, population health, provider relations, community, member care
- The complete package of necessary soft skills including relationships building, listening, influencing, and the ability to develop those in your team
- Ability to influence customers to adopt best practice end user communications and incentive strategies to drive user adoption and engagement.
- Experience developing organic growth and upsell opportunities
- Comfort working with all levels up to the C-Suite
- Experience with customer success best practices and executing them at scale
- Orientation towards measurement and data driven decision making
- Start-up experience and/or the willingness to get your hands dirty, thrive despite ambiguity, and build where there is open space
- Strong management and interpersonal skills; ability to cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture for your team and adjacent teams
- Ability to understand business needs, think strategically, and incorporate multiple perspectives and complex considerations into clear, well-communicated decisions
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, to thrive at an extremely fast pace and to find creative ways to get things done
- Demonstrated passion for what we do