- USA Only
- Full-time, USA Remote, US
Finance & Accounting
As Flywire’s top money minds, the Finance team helps the company strategically set and achieve its financial goals. These FlyMates share core traits such as strong business acumen, a way with numbers, and excellent attention to detail.
Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to transform receivables and deliver on the most mission critical payments across education, healthcare, travel and B2B. We’ve got a leading technology platform and a global payments networked that is unrivaled. What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are
We are an ambitious, global team that works hard and has fun doing it. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic and authentic company culture, and believe that together, we can get stuff done and have fun.
- Authenticity: We believe in staying true to yourself and respecting colleagues for doing the same.
- Execution: We take calculated risks and make smart decisions quickly, because we know progress comes from masterful execution.
- Ambitious Innovation: We understand there’s always room for improvement. It’s all about thinking, questioning, developing, and changing.
- Global Collaboration: Communicating across time zones isn’t always easy, but when we communicate openly and earnestly, everyone wins.
- Evolved Learning: We understand the importance of actively listening, questioning, challenging, and accepting.
- Fulfillment: Work energizes and engages us, bringing both personal and professional satisfaction.
Who we are:
Flywire was founded in 2011 by a former international student, who experienced firsthand all the challenges of paying for college from another country—and made it his mission to solve them.
Today, Flywire has applied our high tech payments platform combined with our owned global payments network to expand and digitize the payment experience for over 3,000 education, healthcare, travel & B2B clients world-wide, processing more than $16B and covering more than 240 countries and territories globally. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 500 FlyMates distributed across 12 offices world-wide and representing more than 32 nationalities, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting. This person will be responsible for assisting with external reporting in addition to managing internal reporting needs and performing technical accounting research and preparing memos/whitepaper documentation for technical accounting matters affecting the company. Experience collaborating with Accounting, Finance, Tax, Legal, Operations, Treasury and other key business partners is a must.
- Assist in preparation of annual and periodic financial statements and related footnotes.
- Preparation of other filings, such as subsidiary financial statements as needed
- Ensures accurate presentation of financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC rules, as well as presentation with other public releases of financial data
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations for technical area
- Research, evaluate and manage the implementation of new accounting standards as required.
- Working with corporate Accounting team, ensure propriety of cash flow statement
- Serve as a liaison with external and internal auditors, including oversight of quarterly reviews and interim and annual internal control and financial statement audits
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience with a mix of public and private
- Ability to effectively delegate and manage multiple projects amidst competing priorities.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail oriented; strong attention to detail
- Track-record of professionalism and integrity
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in
- WFH Stipend & Digital Disconnect Days
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 30 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer.