Senior General Ledger Accountant
- USA Only
Senior GL Accountant
- United States, Remote
The Senior GL Accountant will report directly to the Sr. Director of Accounting. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations including General Ledger, Global Consolidations, Treasury, Taxes, Fixed Assets and financial audits.
Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world- class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family – those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey – your dream job is waiting!
- Maintain monthly close schedule and prepare adjusting journal entries
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Generate allocations and eliminations for consolidation using NetSuite OneWorld
- Drive improvements to the close process through automation
- Perform daily cash reconciliations using NetSuite
- Prepare monthly cash reporting and forecasting
- Oversee all costs and vendors related to COGS and professional services
- Manage all GL accounts, including prepaids, fixed assets, intangible assets, internal-use software, COGS, operating expenses, etc.
- Ensure tax compliance including income tax, Sales & use tax, VAT, and property taxes,
- Lead the accounting team through successful annual financial audits
- Partner with FP&A on budgeting, forecasting, and flux reviews
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a lead role in directing change initiatives and process improvements
- Ad hoc projects, as deemed necessary
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis preferred; CPA required
- Public accounting audit experience.
- Corporate accounting, SaaS experience, and International Accounting are strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to express complex issues and recommendations to Finance leaders.
- Excellent conflict management skills at all levels in the organization as well as an effective and resilient stress manager.
- Demonstrated experience with monthly and quarterly close
- System savvy with implementation experience; NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Proactive, independent, accountable, and responsible – must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.